Data Protection Statement
Paul F Cockburn respects the privacy of website users.
Paul F Cockburn is based in the UK; he uses and retains information for business and professional purposes in line with UK data protection regulations.
• Personal information
Paul F Cockburn will only use personal information to:
• Provide specifically requested information (ie, answer your emails or contact you when necessary);
• Send you communications he thinks may interest you, and
• Carry out his legitimate business that may include providing communications services for others, consultancy and advisory services, education, training and preparing information with a view to publication.
Please inform us if you do not wish to receive any of our communications.
Consent is sought wherever and whenever possible and required. However, some information may be held for journalistic purposes where consent is not required.
Paul F Cockburn will only disclose personal information where he is required to do so by law.
• Information security
Paul F Cockburn takes reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal data. All information provided is stored on secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers and devices. Paul F Cockburn cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
• Data protection policy amendments
Paul F Cockburn may update this policy from time to time by posting revisions here. Please check here occasionally for any changes.
• User rights
Users may request copies of personal information held by Paul F Cockburn, subject to
• providing appropriate evidence of identity – such as a copy of the photo pages of a passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus a copy of a (utility) bill showing your current address.
Paul F Cockburn may withhold information within legal limits.
By e-mailing Paul F Cockburn, you authorise Paul F Cockburn to retain such personal information within the scope of current legislation.
• Other websites
Paul F Cockburn accepts no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of other websites.
• Updating information
Please inform Paul F Cockburn if personal information needs correcting or updating.