I am Paul F Cockburn, a freelance journalist, and sole trader.
I respect the privacy of website users.
I am based in the UK; I use and retain information for business and professional purposes, in line with UK data protection regulations.
• Personal information
I will only use personal information to:
• Provide specifically requested information (ie, answer your emails or contact you when necessary).
• Send you communications I think may interest you.
• Carry out my legitimate business that may include providing communications services for others, consultancy and advisory services, education, training and preparing information with a view to publication.
Please inform me if you do not wish to receive any of my communications.
Consent is sought wherever and whenever possible and required. However, some information may be held for journalistic purposes where consent is not required.
I will only disclose personal information where I am required to do so by law.
• Information security
I take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal data. All information provided is stored on secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers and devices. I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
• Data protection policy amendments
I may update this policy from time to time by posting revisions here. Please check here occasionally for any changes.
• User rights
Users may request copies of personal information that I hold:
• You must provide appropriate evidence of identity – such as a copy of the photo pages of a passport certified by a solicitor or bank, plus a copy of a (utility) bill showing your current address.
I may withhold information within legal limits.
By emailing me, you authorise me to retain such personal information within the scope of current legislation.
• Other websites
I accept no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of other websites.
• Updating information
Please inform me if personal information needs correcting or updating: my email address is email@example.com.